5.28.2007

Haiducii vs. O-Zone vs. SebastiAn



You know you've got a prime Romanian yodel when Europe's hottest artists are all in on that. O-Zone? Haiducii? FUCK YEAH! Lucky for me I was in Germany during Summer 2004 when the only song(s) that people listened to were the two versions of 'Dragostea Din Tei'. I really have no idea why, but people went nuts over them/it/whatever. Strangely, it wasn't until about half way through my trip that I realized there were two versions. I distinctly remember waking up in the middle of the night to some German music channel and seeing a somewhat pretty woman singing what seemed to be 'Dragostea Din Tei' while she was washing her face or something. At the time I thought that I had gone completely crazy. Shit was really odd.

I find the dual artist/same song thing very troubling. It forces me to pick favorites when all I really want to do is have a good time and sing really ridiculous yodels. You wouldn't think so, but it's really hard deciding whether or not to play O-Zone's out-of-the-closet cut or Haiducii's more soulful Toni-Braxton-esque-manly-ballad version. You should decide for yourself:




Anyone else think its strange that those O-Zone guys left the cockpit to go dance on the top of that plane, kinda irresponsible if you ask me.

Shit, even SebastiAn dabbled in that:

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei (SebastiAn remix)

The remix is only 50 seconds but I think that's because SebastiAn realized the song was too much of a piece of crap for even him to save.

Today is Thursday, the work week is more than half way over, here's mo' SebastiAn. This one was a little hard for me to find, but it was well worth it. I love how he managed to preserve the vocals while maintaining the signature SebastiAn sound. This has become one of my favorites:

The Editors - Camera (SebastiAn remix)

No comments: