4.24.2007

turns out synchronicity is a real word. thanks police




For historical synchronicity, I couldn't afford to miss tonight's show at Slim's. The lineup is Club of the Sons, The Cinematics, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, and Mute Math. Normally I could go either way on SSLYBY and Mute Math. I don't know much about The Cinematics, and I hadn't heard of Club of the Sons before the concert announcement on SonicLiving. The thing is that the first president of the Russian Federation died yesterday, eliciting the comment, "he wasn't dead already?" from most uncouth Americans.

I doubt it'll be a show epic enough for me to tell my grandkids about, but the timing might make it so, regardless of mediocrity.

And I like the Toothpaste for Dinner drawing, but I like this Gaping Void one just a little more:

No comments: